Lilypie Date is set Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Baby Panda wallpaper

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let's get this party started





























Did you all enjoy the pic of me nodding off on the plane? Yep, I was ambushed by two girls who undoubtedly bid their time, concocted "Operation Embarrass", stalked me like a lion does to a gazelle, and pounced on me, causing deep wounds with the shutter of a camera. But, I'm not bitter or anything!
We woke this morning to a chilly, rainy, and dreary day. We all could have used more sleep but hunger beckoned us to the breakfast buffet. Afterward, we decided to take in the sights, sounds, and uniqueness of a bustling Beijing. So we walked next door to the Starbucks and loaded up on Caramel Machiato's and Cafe Mochas. Yummy.
We eventually headed to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City where we spent about 4 hours or so. Although I had seen these landmarks before, I still found myself in awe at the architecture and colors of the City. Julie, Shelby, and I took several photographs of the area and we hope you enjoy them. Julie and I are enjoying the trip again, but it has been an absolute blast to have Shelby with us. She seems to be enjoying herself and she has been soaking in the history of the country. We are very happy that she is here.
Soon, it was lunch time and we headed out in search of the perfect Chinese cuisine to fill our bellies. We set out on foot and launched an all-out search of the neighborhood for our meal. 40 minutes passed and we ended up right back at the hotel empty handed. We didn't let it get us down, however. We scoured our brains for a new direction on how to stop the hunger pangs until we were victorious. Our guide called the bus driver and he drove us down the street to McDonald's. Two-for-two so far today!
We stopped in to see an acrobat show which was very entertaining. I wanted to get some photos to share but I was scolded by an attendant after he saw my camera in my hand. Aw, c'mon man, everybody else has one! Oh well, it was a good time had by all (except for the guy sleeping, of course).
We ended up back at the hotel where Shelby took a power nap while I flicked through the TV channels looking for English speaking shows. Julie, on the other hand, hit the health club where she enjoyed a full body massage. Hmmm, I wonder who will get the best night of sleep tonight?!
Well, it's time for me to sign off for the night. Enjoy the pics and we will put more on tomorrow after our journey to the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. Peace out.
-Kurt














4 comments:

Seven Alexanders said...

Hey, don't worry about that picture. Just don't let anyone see you in the front of a cruiser with that same look!

Glad to see Shelby with you guys! I'm scopin' out your backyard to make sure no cute little Male preschoolers are movin' in on your Sydney!

Saw your mom with her yesterday...your mom looked as beautiful as ever so she must be doing great!

Looking forward to seeing Storie!

Christina said...

We are so glad to hear that everything is going well. Kurt- Kevin said to tell you that it is a pleasure to be sitting on this side of the laptop this go round. He is adamant that you have truly missed your calling. Your writing makes him feel as if he were there. Julie- I am certain that you enjoyed that massage. Did you get your happy ending(ha-ha)?;-)Have a few more for me! Love you guys!

CeCe said...

We are very glad you and your group have arrived safe. Love the pictures, looks like you all are having a great time. I am sure you are getting excited about getting to hold Storie in your arms for the first time. We hope all the best for you, your group, and those precious gifts you are all about to receive.
Love, CeCe Mike and family

Anonymous said...

It's been great to keep up with you, Kurt & Julie! We're praying for the Lord's protection and encouragement for all 3 of you -- soon to be all 4 of you!

Love, Joy