Lilypie Date is set Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Baby Panda wallpaper

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, dear Storie...

I know, I know. We haven't been posting on time like we promised. Please forgive us (we know you will but it sounded good).


We have spent enough time with Storie to get a clue of who she is. She is fiesty. She is tempermental. She is cranky when she doesn't get what she wants. She likes to throw tantrums. In other words, she is SPOILED!


Along with the screaming at the top of her lungs (good gracious she has a set of pipes!), the foot stomping because we won't allow her to write all over the walls with crayons, and the screaming at the top of her lungs (oh, did I already say that?!), she has wonderful attributes about her as well (and those are what you really want to know, right?).


Storie sleeps all through the night, is a happy baby in the morning, is as cute as a button, mimics everything and everybody, kisses on command (Julie & Shelby mostly-she doesn't like my gotee and mustache) and eats like a horse.


It is very evident that Storie is extremely intelligent in that she can mimic body language, gestures, and sounds immediately. Julie & Shelby taught her how to wave her hands "goodbye" and how to blow kisses. She is the hit of the island (Our hotel is situated on Shiaman Island in Guangzhou) and is a ham for the camera. Julie sang some noises/notes to her today and Storie sang them back almost with the identical pitches in a matter of seconds. Scary. Julie told me that she is Daddy's girl because she favors me. I'm not so sure about that for she likes Mommy too. She has a way of splitting time between us and has forged a sweet bond with Shelby as well. She just enjoys us (understandable!).


I always thought I ate a lot. I have no doubt that Storie could shut down a buffet restaurant after devouring their entire stock of grub. She is always hungry and more than happy to hammer it down, making us look like lightweights. She also enjoys feeding herself and does a rather nice job of manipulating forks and spoons. Heck, I'm so tired in the mornings that I have her feeding me my breakfast!


She has this kick in her legs when she walks and swings her left arm back and forth. Everytime I see it I imagine her as George Jefferson and break out in tune with, "Moving on up, to the deluxe apartment in the sky......" (and I unwittingly began referring to Julie as "Weezie"). You'll have to see it for yourself to understand.


Storie's hair is buzzed short just like Sydney's was. I referred to Sydney as "Little Buzzard" because of her hair & I just labeled Storie as "Spike" (from the Gremlins movie). I call her by her nickname and laugh at myself (because no one else does). It's all out of love, of course!


Well, I'm going to bolt for now. Julie and Storie are in bed and Shelbster is sleeping soundly on the couch (with a huge feather comforter as her makeshift mattress). I had better get some rest myself. We will holler your way soon!


-Kurt

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi Guys! Julie, I am so sorry that your first day w/ Storie was so hard- I have heard your story so many times before. Hang in there! Everyday will get better. (HUG from me) We will be praying for you. She is beautiful and sounds like quite the character. I love Kurt's stories of her- especially the Jefferson's walk. Thanks for making me cry with all this music!!!!!!!!! love- Kimberly Kohus